The UANVB Katana produced by Nocturn Industries in New Hampshire is an obsession driven night vision solution. Their goal was to produce the lightest articulating night vision binocular housing on the market, with a fully loaded unit with Carson lenses weighing in at approxomately 490 grams. The Katana Ultralight brings this to another level, reducing system weight by over 15% down to 405 grams.
The Katana is minimalist, and in order to save weight the design eliminates features that many consider unnecessary such as on board IR illumination, variable gain control, and electronic indicators.
Our Katanas make use of your choice of 1600+ FoM Photonis Echo Autogated image intensifiers or NNVT image intensifiers. We only offer premium quality lenses with our systems from Carson Industries, and Rochester Precision Optics. Lenses are very important when it comes to image quality, and while lower quality lenses are still useable, lower quality lenses will result in lower perceived resolution, and higher perceived image distortion.
- US Milspec standard lens
- Good balance of resolution, transmission, and flare suppression
- Low edge distortion
- Lightweight lens assembly, includes lightweight diopter assembly
- Low profile
- Best light transmission
- Excellent resolution and clarity
- Low edge distortion
- Lighest weight lens assembly, includes lightweight diopter assembly
- Low Profile
- Excellent light transmission
- Good dynamic light performance and flare suppression
- Best center resolution and clarity
We are happy to offer Photonis 4G+ tubes on pre-order. Fulfillment is estimated for January 2023. 4G+ is the highest grade of tube offered by Photonis and is the choice for many European special military and police units. They have improved autogating, improved flare coatings, and significantly higher tube specs and quality of assembly over ECHO tubes.
4G+ Minimums are as follows:
FoM: 2200 or higher
SNR: 30 or higher
Resolution: 70 lp/mm or higher
For the difference between our Photonis ECHO Standard and Select tubes, click HERE. If you would like to select your own tubes, please contact us before you place your order, or leave an order note for us to contact you.
For the difference between Photonis ECHO and NNVT tubes, click HERE.
- Powered by single CR123, optional LEMO port (contact to order, do not use both simultaneously)
- Extremely lightweight
- Skeletonized Aluminum Dovetail
- Articulating binocular system
- Adjustable low profile friction based interpupillary stops
- Individual pod shutoff when stowed
- 3D printed out of extremely durable nylon
- Exceeds MIL-STD-810G and NATO 1.5m drop test standards
- IP68 Waterproof (1.5m for 30 minutes)
- Multiple Cerakote colours available (black by default, contact for OD or FDE)
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty on housing
- Comes with TNVC NVG Pouch, please add your desired colour to cart