For the absolute highest quality NVG film making experience, we have created a way to adapt any Mil-Spec PVS-14 eyepiece to a 49mm thread camera lens. The reason we chose 49mm is that Sony offers multiple lenses with 49mm filter threads that offer fantastic performance with nightvision eyepieces. Proper lens selection is extremely important, a small objective size is necessary as is a design that puts the lens aperture close to the objective. This is because nightvision eyepieces are designed to be used at an eye relief of 25mm or shorter and with an exit pupil of 6mm or smaller (F/4 on a 24mm lens for example) otherwise the lens stacking will introduce significant vignetting and distortion effects.
Our V2 is anodized black but is otherwise the same as our original.
We recommend using one of the following lenses:
- Sony FE 24mm f/2.8 G Lens - SEL24F28G
- Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Sonnar T* Lens - SEL35F28Z
- Sony FE 40mm f/2.5 G Lens - SEL40F25G
- Sony FE 50mm f/2.5 G Lens - SEL50F25G
- Precision machined low profile threading
- Compatible with RPO 2.0, RPO 3.0, Qioptiq (Carson), and Fujinon eyepieces
- Machined from aluminum
- Hard coat black anodize
- Proudly Canadian, made in Calgary, Alberta
Sony FE 50mm
Sony/Zeiss FE 35mm
Sony FE 24mm (cropped)