The RPNVG (Ruggedized Panning Night Vision Goggle) made by AB Nightvision is the panning derivative of the most durable binocular system, period. In an effort to achieve increased field of view, some users have begun to seek systems that allowed individual pods to be pointed outward. The RPNVG allows the user to increase the Field of View from 40 degrees to 65 degrees by quickly flipping from standard binocular to "pano" configurations. This is facilitated by fast interpupillary adjustment via a quick release/lock mechanism instead of the traditional worm drive along with a central pivoting detent.
While some users do seek this panning feature, users should understand that it comes with pros and cons and is not recommended for force on force applications and the standard configuration should be used where target acquisition and targeting are important, as the panning configuration lowers center resolution, affects collimation, and negates the benefits of sterescopic vision. It does however offer increased field of view for static applications such as observation, light hiking/camping, and other low intensity applications.
We only offer premium quality lenses with our systems from Carson Industries, and Rochester Precision Optics. Lenses are very important when it comes to image quality, and while lower quality lenses are still useable, lower quality lenses will result in lower perceived resolution, and higher perceived image distortion.
- US Milspec standard lens
- Good balance of resolution, transmission, and flare suppression
- Low edge distortion
- Lighest weight lens assembly, includes lightweight diopter assembly
- Low Profile
- Excellent light transmission
- Good dynamic light performance and flare suppression
- Best center resolution and clarity
Carson vs RPO 3.0 Comparison Available HERE
Our nightvision devices are custom built to your specifications. We build our devices inside our positive pressure clean room fitted with dual filtration blowers that meet ISO5 clean room specifications. Our devices are calibrated and tested using our Hoffman ANV-126A and HVS-126 Digital Night Vision Test Equipment, and vacuum tested and nitrogen purged using our digital purge machine. Please allow up to one week for assembly, calibration, and testing prior to shipment.
- Powered by single CR123, with LEMO port
- Durable, fixed bridge binocular system
- Panning pods for up to 65 degree horizontal field of view
- Built in IR Illuminator
- Quick Release Self Locking Iinterpupillary system
- CNC Machined From 7075 Billet Aluminum
- Waterproof to 66 feet
- Comes with TNVC NVG Pouch, please add your desired colour to cart